Did you know that chiropractors are the third most common type of doctor? Medical doctors are first followed by dentists, but chiropractic care has grown immensely over the years and now in the US, the third most common doctor type, is the chiropractor. It’s expected that this number will only grow more as patients seek alternative treatment away from opioids and pain killers. It’s not without it’s success. Look at any chiropractor across the nation and most will have many reviews showing success. At time of writing, ourselves at Back & Body have 30 5 star Google reviews already in our first few months of operation.
Positive patient outcomes are what any good chiropractor aims for, and results speak for themselves, but studies and science backs it up as well. Let’s take a look at some chiropractic facts and stats.
- The word chiropractic comes from two Greek words, cheir (hand) and praktos (to do). Put them together and it means “done by hand.”
- 2100 adjustments are performed every minute around the world. Or 125,000 per hour. Or a million each business day. Which means about 27 million are done each and every year!
- Most professional sports teams uses chiropractic care as part of their medical team. Every NFL team does as does every NBL club. And it helped the Nationals win this years World Series!
Here’s some really interesting numbers
- A study compared traditional medical treatment to chiropractic. Over a four week period 56% of patients receiving medical treatment (including pain killers) saw a 30% decrease in their pain. The second group was a chiropractic group. Over the same period and amount of pain relief, the chiro group satisfaction rate was 94%. Almost double.
- If patients used chiropractic treatment as opposed to medical treatment, Medicare would save about $84 million every year.
- Furthermore, chiropractic care has little to no side effects and is very safe. In contrast, look at the opioid epidemic we have.
At Back & Body Pain Relief, we see how chiropractic care helps people every day. We are passionate about it and want to let more and more people know that it can really help their pain.
There’s no need to be in pain if you don’t have to be. We also accept insurance. You can Schedule an appointment here.