Hi everyone, Dr Perna here.
I want to start out by sharing a story with you all. A week ago, I went to my local barbers to get a haircut. As I arrived, I had my mask on and went to the shop front. I was met by the receptionist who took my temperature before allowing me in. She was wearing her mask too. So far, so good. I sat down in the waiting room and then noticed that the receptionist had taken her mask off. This was against the store protocols. Before I could say anything, another customer came in, the receptionist put her mask on and checked his temperature as well. Once all was good, he went and sat down… and then promptly removed his mask as well.
At this point I just walked out. If following protocols was this lax at this point, how could I trust that seats and equipment were even clean at the heart of the store. I couldn’t believe it and it made me think about how we run things at Back and Body Pain Relief.
Bottom line is this. We strictly adhere to CDC guidelines and the guidelines set by our state. This means ALL our staff wear masks 100% of the time and we expect our patients to do likewise when they are on our premises. We want to ensure everyone is as safe as possible at all times, particularly as our area was amongst the hardest hit in the country back in spring.
To this end, our basic protocols are this:
- We are operating on a limited capacity now
- All staff and patients must have a temperature check before entering the building
- All staff and patients must wear masks at all times
- All equipment is cleaned and disinfected between each patient use
- All equipment is thoroughly cleaned at night
- The common gym equipment is no longer in use and all exercises are done in the private treatment rooms
- Any patient or staff member that exhibits any cold like symptoms will not be admitted
- Any patient or staff member that has been overseas or to a state that renders the person to remain in quarantine must remain in quarantine and not come to the practice until that period is over
See our full official COVID protocols here.
The reason for this notice is to help patients understand that we take the CDC and state guidelines very seriously. They are there for a reason and that is to ensure public safety.
We do not want patients to feel unsafe or have any concerns that I had when I visited that barber shop and that we are here to not only help you out of pain, but to do so in a healthy environment.
So, to sum up simply. We are following CDC guidelines which means masks on at all times. Temperature checks prior to entry. Equipment cleaned between patients. Limited capacity.
If you are in pain and you would like help with it and don’t want to worry about COVID, we are here for you. Please schedule an appointment online or call us (908) 325-3000 so that we can ensure that we can maintain our limited capacity.