The COVID19 has hit our planet hard. It’s affected most countries in the world and continues to be a major problem. While we are on the downward curve at present here in New Jersey, the time to relax is still not here.
We must all continue to be vigilant and careful and to respect our fellow citizens.
To this end, we at Back and Body Pain Relief will continue to maintain our high standards of cleanliness and sanitization as outlined in CDC guidelines to ensure a clean and healthy environment. This clean environment is key to helping our patients remain healthy as well as our staff.
We have remained open through the worst offering patients with musculoskeletal problems an avenue of help that is away from the overburdened urgent care and ER. We always maintained that urgent care and ER should focus on the sick while we care for those with back, neck and other joint pain.
We wish to inform patients that while our state lockdown is slowly easing up on restrictions, our commitment to a safe and clean environment remains as strong as ever.
These precautions include:
- Patients Temperature screenings before entering the practice.
- Healthcare workers will be required to wash prior to working with a patient their hands and use sanitizer frequently, gloves will be worn when contacting a patient.
- Patients will be required to cover their mouths when sneezing and coughing.
- All providers will be required to wear masks, gloves, and eye protection.
- All patients are required to wear a mask during the entire time they are in the practice
- We will not be able to accept walk ins at this time we suggest calling our as our treatment capacity is reduced as well
- Self-reporting requirements: Patients: should report any symptoms of the virus they or a household/family member experience. Symptoms include: fever, cough, shortness of breath,
- difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell. Patients should also self-report if they have close contact with someone who is confirmed cases must be reported to our local health department.
- We will be increasing cleaning protocols as always; all treatment tables are sanitized between patients.
- Except when necessary to ensure patient privacy, doors will be left open so doorknobs/plates will not be touched by each person entering and leaving the premises
- New patients will have the opportunity to fill out initial intake forms ahead of time, a link to the forms is texted prior to the first visit
- Waiting room materials will be limited: all shared materials such as magazines, brochures and pens will be removed.
- The number of patients allowed in the office at the same time will be limited.
- Plexiglass is installed in the waiting room to separate administrative staff from patients.
- If rehab in the gym is necessary, the number of people will be limited and 6 foot social distancing will enforced, face coverings must remain on.
- Any rehab equipment will be sanitized between patients all Thera Bands will be soaked in disinfectant after use.
We remain committed to you, our patients and to ensure that you are at as little risk as possible.
Our TeleHealth service also remains available to any who still wish to self isolate so that you can receive our help on a private and secure online video link.
We remain open, Monday to Fridays, 10am to 7pm to help you out of pain, return to fitness and to manage your condition in a clean and sanitized area as recommended by CDC guidelines.