How Our Plantar Fasciitits Treatment in Springfield Helps
Plantar fasciitis is a major problem for people in the US. About half of plantar fascia sufferers will continue to have symptoms for over 10 years. Not to fear though, our plantar fasciitis treatment in Springfield can help and also show you five at home methods to help treat your plantar fasciitis.
If you think you have plantar fasciitis but you’re not sure, the best thing to do is to come and visit us at Back & Body and our plantar fasciitis treatment in Springfield will help determine the severity and what we need to do to help. We use methods such as mobilization, myofascial release, stretching, exercise, and modalities. From there we will create a specific plan of action tailored to your personal needs.
Until then, here are some things that you can do at home.
- Fascia Therapeutic Taping: “Fascia taping is designed to stabilize the plantar ligaments and limit abnormal movements of the plantar fascia by exploiting the arch-raising effects of the foot windlass mechanism.”
- Tensoplast Arch Wrap: This is a taping technique that helps support your arches and fascia. In events such as sleeping, wrestling, or ballet where you do not have any sort of insole, this can help give extra needed support.
- Arch Supports and Orthotics: Those who have fallen arches may benefit from arch supports and orthotics.
- Socks and Boots: Heel pain beginning after arising from bed is a common complaint for plantar fasciitis. This happens because the injured tissue heals at rest while the fascia is in a non weight bearing state. When you first get up, your plantar fasciitis stretches inducing new pain. A boot or night splint may be helpful in preventing this new morning pain from constantly happening.
- Home Strengthening: Being sure to strengthen all of these areas is very important in the healing stage. They can be done on the gastroc, soleus, posterior tibialis, and intrinsic muscles of the foot. Some examples include: marble and towel gripping exercises.
If you would like more information on exercises for plantar fasciitis, be sure to come visit us at Back & Body. We are confident our plantar fasciitis treatment Springfield will help you as it has others. We will create a custom plan with you for you to help minimize all of your symptoms.
If you’re in pain right now, if you don’t have to be. Give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We also accept insurance. You can Schedule an appointment here.