How Can You Improve on Sleep?
To maintain good health, a full nights rest is necessary. This allows for your brain to function well to get all of your tasks done efficiently. On busy, stressful days, this can be difficult. Our brains get overloaded with things to be completed, and worries about these things.
Springfield Chiropractic is going to give you some tips on how to improve your sleep schedule if you are having a difficult time.
1. Have consistency in your times. By getting up and going to bed around the same time every day and night, you are giving your body an understanding of where it is. Waking at sunrise is best for the body as it allows for you to remain in a natural sleep pattern.
2. Exercise. A tip from the pros is to exercise as soon as you wake up in the morning. It helps get your body moving and going for the day. Accomplishing something so early on leads you on the right path to continue. And if you get it over with right away, you don’t have to worry about doing it for the rest of the day.
3. Avoiding caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol. Caffeine stimulates the brain when consumed, and therefore prevents sleep. Nicotine causes early waking and light sleeping, and alcohol prevents you from REM sleeping. The best thing you can do is avoid these three at all costs.
4. Relaxing around bedtime. Right before going to sleep, take the time to wind down. Enjoy a warm bath, read your favorite book, or try some light yoga to calm and relax your body and mind.
5. Have a constant room temperature. If the room is too hot, you will sweat and feel uncomfortable while if it is too cold your body will tense up from shivering. Finding an in between temperature will help you stay relaxed and tense free.
6. Do something if you cannot sleep. If you find yourself unable to fall asleep, get up and do whatever it is you need to do. Maybe read a book until you get tired again, or try some light stretching. The worst thing you can do is lay there stressed about not being able to fall asleep and trying to force yourself.
Some other methods include taking natural supplements like melatonin or avoiding large meals (especially those with sugar) before bed.
Often times, back and neck pain can prevent people from sleeping. That is why Springfield chiropractic is here to help you. Come in and see us if you find that you are in discomfort and cannot get a good nights rest because of it.
Hopefully, one of these tips helps you conquer your lack of sleep. Remember, if you are in pain or discomfort and cannot find relief, make an appointment with us here at Springfield chiropractic. Call us (908) 325 – 3000 and let us help you to become pain free.