The new year is a time of new beginnings and change. Many people’s main goal is to get fit in the New Year, but this can be difficult if you are not equipped with the proper tools and tips to do so. So we thought we’d come up with 8 great ways to help you set goals for yourself in 2020 that will lead you into a healthier lifestyle.
- Train for a run: Whether this be a 5k, half marathon, or full marathon, this is a great goal to set for yourself because it keeps you on your feet and moving everyday. It’s time to get up off the couch and onto your feet!
- Holding a plank everyday: Planking can seem scary at first, but fear no more. Even if you start at just holding for 10 seconds, you will eventually work your way up to 30 seconds, 60 seconds, and even 90 seconds. Abs, here we come.
- Drinking more water: Drinking enough water is essential for healthy living and even aids in weight loss. Your body and mind will feel so much better being completely hydrated throughout the day. Try buying a reusable water bottle and bringing it with you to work, school, and even out and about to always make sure you are hydrated.
- Walk more often : This may seem like a no brainer, but walking more can actually really make a difference on your body and the way you feel. Try taking your pet for a longer walk than normal, or walking to the store opposed to driving.
- Eat more fruit: Most fruits contain a lot of water, and healthy sugars. Eating more fruit will combat your cravings for unhealthy sweets and treats like chocolate, cake, and ice cream.
- Try a new fitness class: Have you seen the ads or heard people talking about a really motivating spin class or a relaxing yoga retreat? Well, now is the time to explore these new classes. Most gyms have new years specials!
- Get enough sleep: Getting a good 8 hours of sleep is crucial to your overall immunity and mood. Try putting away your electronics and finding things to wind down before you go to sleep, like yoga, meditation, or reading.
- Work out in the morning: There’s nothing better than starting your day with a boost of energy. Working out in the morning sets you up to have a great, productive day and even inspires you to eat healthy throughout the day so that you will have gotten the most out of your workout.
Even though it can seem daunting, there are many different ways to get fit and healthy in this upcoming new year. We want you to know that the perfect time to start is now. There is no better time to start than right this second. Set you new year upright and get healthy!
If you’re in pain right now, if you don’t have to be. Give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We also accept insurance. You can Schedule an appointment here. So don’t let injury get in the way of a fresh start for 2020!