One of the more unusual treatments we offer at Back and Body Medical in Springfield is kinesiology.
Kinesiology is the use of muscle testing to detect imbalances in the body’s structural, chemical, and emotional energies. Kinesiologists must achieve years of training to properly access the movement of energy, or the Chi, within the brain and the body. They are searching for ways to improve the efficiency and performance of the body by studying things that influence movement. They discover the body’s healing needs, and look at energy changes, solving problems through therapeutic healing.
Kinesiology believes that every body has its own healing energy and cares for itself, but sometimes needs help doing this. Kinesiology is best known as a system of natural care that uses Chinese medicine to look at energy and body function together.
Kinesiologists do not diagnose or treat named diseases, rather, they look past the symptoms. They are worried on imbalances in energy, since having this balance can bring you closer to your goal in sports, relationships, learning, or coping with life problems.
Kinesiologists use a form of muscle testing to locate and correct energy in the body; the nerves and meridian system control all of this. If a muscle test comes back weak, the kinesiologist knows that there is negative energy or stress somewhere in the body.
- Heal injuries
- Apply many healing techniques to alleviate muscle ailments
- Work to manage, rehabilitate, and prevent disorders that impede movement
- Monitor patients to make sure their program produces what they want
- Demonstrate proper muscle movement
- Improve motor learning skills in patients with cerebral palsy, autism, and other motor and neurological problems
- Promote body postures
Kinesiologists can use their practice in many places, such as an office, laboratory, recreational facility, hospital, school, or residential facilities. Lots of organizations tend to hire them which include:
- Athletic companies
- Sporting equipment companies
- Rehabilitation departments
- Occupational health departments
- Sport, fitness and recreation centres
- Sports organizations and teams
- Hospitals and primary health care facilities
- Colleges and universities
When you come in for your problem, we investigate and examine your issue. If we deem it necessary, kinesiology may be the treatment we recommend for you.
If you have any questions on our treatment options in Springfield, please contact us, we would be happy to help you and see what we can do for you.
In pain? Want a tune up? Call us today (908) 325 – 3000. We can treat and help you.