Our chronic low back pain treatment practice in Springfield has lots of patients come in for their low back pain. Low back pain is a very common occurrence that most can relate to. In fact, about 80 percent of adults have missed days from their job because of low back pain, making low back pain the leading cause of job related disability and missed work days. The National Institutes of Health found that over 25 percent of adults have had a recent low back pain attack.
With chronic low back pain treatment in Springfield both male and females can be equally affected by low back pain, and that it can occur after a specific incident, like over lifting or an accident, but it can also develop over time from wear and tear. Research has proven that a sedentary lifestyle during the week with weekend workouts can be a cause to the development of this issue in a male or female.
Thanks to our chronic low back pain treatment in Springfield we have good news. About 80 percent of pain (lasting a few days to weeks) patients heal with self care or short term management, such as chiropractic. While this is good news, this leaves the other 20 percent feelings helpless and wondering if and what they can do. So, what can be done for this group?
A study looked at low back pain treatment through spinal manipulation therapy to treat chronic low back pain that persisted for more than six months. Sixty patients were split up and assigned to 12 treatments of sham manipulations for a month, 12 treatments of manipulations for a month with no treatment afterwards, or 12 treatments for a month with follow up manipulations twice a month for the following nine months.
The research found that group two and three had much lower pain and disability scores than those in the first sham group, but at the ten month mark, only the third group experienced more improvement in pain and disability. This proves that without the continued manipulations, your pain and disability scores will return back to close to what they were before any treatment. Back and Body Springfield suggests that these manipulations for chronic low back pain treatments here in Springfield is effective for chronic back pain, but to achieve true long term benefits, it is necessary to continually receive it.
In pain? Want a tune up? Call us today (908) 325 – 3000. We can treat and help you.